FYI: The Fox Hills Mall is a magical mythical shopping mecca for the fat girl.
Seriously, if you’re in LA and want to do some damage, this is the effing place to be.
Forget hanging out at that solitary LB. Fox Hills knows where it’s at.
Here are the reasons that I love them.
1) The Lane Bryant there is some kind of test store- this means they have WAY better stuff than all of the other LB’s you have been to. Trust me. I go to a lot of LB’s.
2) They have an entire Cacique store. AN ENTIRE STORE FOR FAT LADIES LINGERIE.
3) They have a brand new Ashley Stewart. Hooray hooray hooray for Ashley Stewart and the bright colors and the loud prints and the big fancy cuts, designs, and ideas.
4) The plus size department in their Macy’s is GIGANTIC. Seriously 4 times bigger than the one in the Sherman Oaks Mall. 7 times bigger than the Beverly Center. 1123!@#weVWGF&* times bigger than the one in the Santa Monica Mall. (That’s because that Macy’s has no Plus section whatsoever. Yeah. I’m never going back.) Anyway, this Macy’s does it right. The whole store is kind of a mess, but for real- they’ve got the goods.
5) They have a HUGE store called MODE PLUS that’s an inbetweenie paradise. It’s like a cheapo Forever 21 for fat girls. I’m squeezing into a 3X there- and I’m a solid 18 or 1X just about everywhere else, so things run a little small at MP, but they’ve got toootally weird, awesome, unique stuff there for the lady sized 12-18.
6) They have an Old Navy.
7) There’s a store called PJ’s that’s got plus sizes.
8 ) JC Penney has plus too.
That is EIGHT CLOTHING STORES I can shop at in a SINGLE SHOPPING MALL.
EIGHT!!! Not one. Not two! EIGHT!!
This means: if I don’t like the way the jeans fit at Lane Bryant, I can WALK ACROSS THE LINOLEUM to the Ashley Stewart, or the Macy’s or any of the above listed, and try on variations on the theme until I find what I like. If I don’t want to look like a big fat Elle Woods, I can walk next-door and dress up like a big fat Fergie or a big fat SJP or or even a big fat Nancy Reagan if I so desire. I don’t just have to SETTLE for whatever I can get my grubby little fingers on. I’m not just resigned to the one idea the buyer had back in Colombus, OH. If I don’t like something, not only can I just not buy it, I can- 10 minutes later- BUY SOMETHING ELSE!!! AND: all this without moving my car ONCE. Gasp gasp pant pant wonder of wonders. In short: I can shop like a straight-size person.
YOU HAVE A CAPTIVE AUDIENCE AT
294 Fox Hills Mall
Culver City CA 90230-6482
(310) 390 5073
INTERSECTION OF SLAUSON AND SEPULVEDA.
For reals. That’s the only thing that could possibly make that mall even more awesome.
ETA: It worked! They added a Torrid. Also, PJ’s is gone, and they have a Catherine’s, if that’s the kind of thing you’re into.